No electricity since Saturday evening, and no water since Monday. Thus, five villages in Montana are moving away from the feeling of civilization day by day. There is still a problem with electricity in a total of ten settlements in the Veliko Tarnovo region. The village of Varbitsa has been completely without electricity for the fifth day, where the electricity distribution company continued to work today to fix the problem.
Five villages in Montansko spend the nights with candles from Saturday. After Monday and the taps run dry, life for people becomes a test of survival.
– Fifth day, where were you in this village?
– There is a management, you go to the management.
– Has anyone come to this village on the fifth day, I see you for five days now.
– Madam, I have not slept for the fifth day.
– We have 25 animals, these are cows, we have neither electricity nor water. And for milk, we have a point with a tub where we collect the milk and it is cut and we throw it away.
People in Smolyanovtsi monitor the situation every day. They say they are impatient and are considering a protest:
– We will close the road and that’s E-79.
“Throughout the year, people in the village have been collecting penny by penny to put some things in the freezer. It turned out that everything that is in the freezers will probably be in the containers tomorrow,” said Plamen Ivanov – mayor of Smolyanovtsi.
In the Veliko Tarnovo region, there is still a problem with electricity in 10 settlements. In most of them, the electricity has been turned on partially. However, in the village of Varbitsa in Upper Oryakhov, all families will be in the dark and cold that night as well. Despite yesterday’s assurances that there will be electricity. People are already extremely nervous:
– This one heard from someone, that one heard something, but what he heard, what he said, no one can say anything.
– Well, very difficult, very difficult, but somehow we manage.
Dozens of elderly single people, as well as families with small children, are without electricity for the fifth day.
Stylyana Stratieva: “We went down to the living room at night with the baby, we carried her. And so. Let’s sleep warm there, at least because there is a fireplace. It’s good that the father works and I send him and I send him, in the company, to be he charges batteries there, this – that, and in the evening we use batteries to at least have some light, otherwise in the dark – the child cries.”
The roads everywhere in the district are passable and everything is in the hands of the electricity distribution company, said the regional governor of Veliko Tarnovo Ivaylo Zdravkov:
“They are the only ones without electricity, there is traffic, there is food delivered, the Social Patronages work, water too. The roads are cleared.”
The teams of the electricity distribution company do not stop working on the elimination of the serious accidents, but the wet snow and strong wind in the past days have broken kilometers of the cables and their complete replacement will take time.