Minister Zaritsa Dinkova is reforming the state financing of the advertising of Bulgarian tourism abroad. The changes provide for the elimination of all intermediaries in marketing activities for abroad. The first step was announced on Monday by Tourism Minister Zaritsa Dinkova.
The agency has opened an application procedure aimed at associations between 21 Black Sea municipalities and the local tourism business. They will fight for a total of BGN 5 million, having to present projects worth up to BGN 400 thousand each by November 27.
If approved, the projects will be implemented over the next 12 months and applicants will receive 60% of their value from the state. The remaining 40% must be provided either by the municipalities or their partners.
These may be tour operators who use air carriers, they may be operators of international airports or local tourism business sites, and also non-governmental organizations that promote the cultural and historical heritage of the region.
However, they must be selected in such a way that they do not advertise specific accommodation, marine attractions or dining and entertainment venues. The application guidelines state that such projects will not be funded. Companies that have declared to the NSI that they have less than BGN 500 in revenue for 2021 and 2022, or have had no activity at all during these two years, are also not allowed.
Activities should be aimed at increasing the popularity of the destination in Germany, Poland, Hungary, the Scandinavian countries and Great Britain.