Zenéy van der Walt came up with a show of strength during the first round of Athletics South Africa’s (ASA) Grand Prix series in Pretoria.
The 22-year-old athlete – who is known for her over-the-hurdle sailing skills – ran amok this time in the 400 m when she won the event in a spectacular time of 50.81 seconds.
She immediately qualified for the World Championship to be held in Budapest in August.
The exciting athlete is also related to Jan Hendrik van der Westhuizen, South Africa’s first chef what a michelin star it get.
Van der Westhuizen earlier told Rhewal that he was very proud of his fastest family member.
“She is certainly not a Van der Westhuizen now!” he joked.
“But the ‘Van der’ in the ‘Van der Walt’ is finished enough so that I can walk around very proudly and tell everyone about her. She is not only an incredible athlete, but also a fantastic person. Always positive and with a big smile.”
Then Kenya’s Ferdinand Omanyala flexed his muscles in the 100 m with his good run of 10.12 seconds.
The 27-year-old sprinter is the African record holder in this event after he covered the distance in 9.77 seconds at the time.
Benjamin Richardson was second across the finish line with his time of 10.33 seconds.
- Phindile Kubheka: 11.81 seconds
- Reabetswe Moloi: 11.86 seconds
- Actual Time: 11.96 seconds
100 m (mans):
- Ferdinand Omanyala: 10.12 seconds
- Benjamin Richardson: 10.33 seconds
- Rivaldo Roberts: 10.34 seconds
- Actual Time: 23.92 seconds
- Kayla le Grange: 24.00 seconds
- Bongiwe Mahlalela: 24.09 seconds
200 m (mans):
- Sinesipho Dambile: 20.43 seconds
- Armand du Plessis: 20.49 seconds
- Eckhart Potgieter: 20.55 seconds
- Zenéy van der Walt: 50.81 seconds
- Line Kloster: 52.15 seconds
- Marlie Viljoen: 52.25 seconds
400 m (mans):
- Abderrahman Samba: 45.37 seconds
- Zakhit Nene: 45.59 seconds
- Tumisang Shezi: 46.27 seconds
100m Hurdles (Women):
- Marioné Fourie: 13.01 seconds
- Kayla van den Berg: 13.76 seconds
- Chané Kok: 13.79 seconds
110m hurdles (men):
- Mondray Barnard: 13.97 seconds
- SW Nel: 14.05 seconds
- Tshepo Lefete: 14.24 seconds
400m Hurdles (Women):
- Taylon Bieldt: 56.55 seconds
- Gezelle Magerman: 57.35 seconds
- Anje Nel: 58.35 seconds
400m Hurdles (Men):
- Wiseman Were: 49.23 seconds
- Sabelo Dhlamini: 50.01 seconds
- Constant Pretorius: 50.48 seconds
High jump (women):
- Michelle Ngozo: 1.72 meters
Long jump (men):
- Prayer Monaiwa: 8.12 meters.
support maroela media like this
Without Rhewal you wouldn’t have known. Help ensure your balanced and reliable news source’s future. Make a voluntary contribution now. Remember – our news remains free.
Leave a Reply