Rejected Belgium for Albania, Kevin Shkurti is living the dream with the red and black jersey
He was born in Belgium and took his first steps on the football fields in the city of Brussels. It was easy for Kevin Shkurt to get involved in the world of football from a young age as he had the talent and desire to become a professional footballer.
The boy originally from Shkodra, who has just turned 18 years old and plays in the role of midfielder, debuted with the red and black jersey this year, becoming part of the U-19 National Team, where he immediately stood out with his performances, establishing his candidacy for a starting position .
Although he had played with Belgium’s national youth teams before, Kevin didn’t think twice when he received the invitation from the AFL and immediately accepted.
In the interview given to Fshf.org, Shkurti tells everything about his career so far, the most beautiful moments, football idols and about the objectives he has in the future with the Belgian club Leuven.
– Kevin, how did the relationship with football start? Who is the person who pushed you towards this sport?
– I started playing football at the age of 5. It was my father who pushed me to take up this sport, because he himself practiced it and is a big football fan. At this age, he started playing with the age groups in the area where I live, and then gradually the claims started to increase.
– What drives you to grow even more in this profession?
– I have always been driven by the great desire I have to become a famous footballer to honor myself, my family and my country.
– Who is the person who advises you the most about football and who is closest to you?
– My two parents who have sacrificed and supported me a lot since the first day when I started this sport and until today. They continue to support me to this day with the same eagerness.
– How did you feel when you first received the invitation from the Albanian national teams?
– Undoubtedly, I felt very proud at that moment when I received the invitation from the Albanian national team. Although I had also tried to play with the national teams of Belgium, the feeling of representing the red and black jersey was special and will be an unforgettable moment.
– What can you highlight so far from your football life? Is there an achievement you are proud of?
– My biggest achievement has to do with the fact that I have been part of the OH Leuven team for 8 years and already a little while ago I signed the first professional contract with this club that participates in the Belgian Super League. It is certainly a very important step in my career and I feel good that after a long work I have reached my objectives.
– How important is the goal to you? Is there a goal you don’t forget?
– The goal is important for every footballer. But the goal that I will never forget is the first goal with the jersey of the U-19 Albanian national team in the friendly match they played in Podgorica against Montenegro a while ago. That goal gave me a simply fantastic feeling.
– Who is the Albanian player that motivates you the most, that you have as an example. What about the foreign player?
– The Albanian player who has always motivated me was the famous former captain, Lorik Cana, for the grit and competitive spirit he displayed on the playing field. An example for all of us to follow. Of the foreign players, I definitely try to be motivated by the Italian midfielder, Marco Verratti.
– You personally, what is your biggest goal in football?
– My primary goal is to play as a starter with the first team of OH Leuven in the Belgian Super League and if I will achieve this, of course I will also aim to be a starter with the Albanian National Team. /Express newspaper/