Doubts about poisoning, the results of drinking water analyzes in Kaçanik emerge
The Ministry of Health has announced that as a result of the water from July 5, 192 citizens of Kaçanik have sought medical help with the same symptoms as: fever, fever, colic, vomiting, pain. From the water samples taken, bacteriological analyzes have shown that these water samples do not meet drinking water standards
The Ministry of Health has announced that immediately after receiving the information about the increase in the number of reported cases of diarrhea and vomiting in the Municipality of Kaçanik, the team from the Regional Center of Public Health in Ferizaj (the regional branch of IKShKP in Ferizaj) went to the field. and took water samples in the localities where there were reported cases.
According to them, all treated citizens are in an improved state of health, without any referral for hospitalization.
The recommendations of IKShKP are as follows:
1. Immediate reporting of suspected cases of poisoning, according to the legislation in force, namely the Law on the Prevention and Combating of Communicable Diseases in Kosovo (LNR: 02/L-109),
2. To continue informing citizens about boiling water, which is used for drinking and food preparation or to use other resources that have safe water,
3. To install the chlorinator in the main tank,
4. To monitor the water quality, to continue sampling for laboratory-bacteriological analysis and residual chlorine (Cl) value,
5. Taking all measures to notify and raise awareness of the citizens about the created situation,
6. As a main recommendation, this system should be rehabilitated and put under the management of the RCU “Bifurcation”.
The Ministry of Health will closely follow the situation and together with the National Institute of Public Health and other relevant institutions for further investigation of the case.
In the meantime, until all the problems with water are rectified and eliminated, the citizens of Kaçanik Municipality are called upon as a preventive measure to boil water, which is used for drinking and food preparation, or to use other resources that have safe water. .